After the Civil War he moves with his family to Murcia and later to Tenerife, where he studies under the tuition of the painters Antonio Gómez Cano and Mariano de Cossío. In 1943 he settles in Madrid as a disciple of Vázquez Díaz and studies Fine Art in San Fernando School of Madrid, where in 1949 he obtains a title of Professor of Drawing.
Francisco Farreras is chosen for the 1st Hispano-American Biennial in 1951. He moves to France in 1953, at the same time drawing closer to the geometrical abstraction and starting to experiment with materials like sand. He accomplishes educational trips to Paris, Belgium and Holland.
1954 is the decisive year for his artistic career – he starts exhibiting in numerous joint and individual expositions. In 1956 he achieves an order of 13 mural frescos for the Chapel of Castillo de las Navas del Marqués (in Ávila).
A painter of an ample production, in the decade of 1960's he concentrates on subtle collages in silk paper, with a distinct Orient influence, while in the 80’s gives preference to expressive strength of wood that he shapes into certain surfaces. He took part in most itinerant exhibitions across Europe and America organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affaires.
In 1966, after having lived for a number years in United States, he returns to Spain and settles in Madrid. Very soon he receives important orders such as a large mural collage for the airport of Madrid – Barajas (1982). Among his most significant retrospective exhibitions outstands the one organized by the Cultural Center of the City of Madrid in 1999.
At present time Francisco Farreras exhibits his latest works in important galleries, both national and international.